• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JAZTINCLAIRE

JAZTINCLAIRE
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:30 PM

dear sir,
i hope you can help me for our problem about the IQ connection.

we have  8pcs ct 600 with IQ-PIP-USP3, IQ USM, and a hub with pc.

i try to connect all the pip3 to the hub and tryin to config the IP address,
then i  opn the iq wic utility , but it couldn't find all the pip3 that is connnected to the HUB....

the IQ USM is working properly to the IQ for windows which is connected to the RS connection.

but we need to work on network.
what is wrong with my connection or my settings.
i hope you can help me for my problem
and thanx... GOD BLESS

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:12 AM

Well first off I have to ask you to check on two things.  smile.gif

The first one is that you say you are using a "HUB". Is that a HUB or a Network Switch? I know sometimes people use the term "HUB" interchangeably with a Switch but there is a difference. You should use a Network Switch with our TCP/IQ products.

Second what version of the software are you using? Make sure you have downloaded, and are using, the most recent version 7.2 of the IQwic software from the Downloads section of this forum. Older versions of the software will have no way of recognizing newer products with newer firmware. wink.gif

#3 dustind

dustind
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

I have two IQ-PIP-USP3 connected to a network switch. The devices would not show up in the utility program. I have tried different versions from 6 to 8.2. The data LED on the front panel blinked when I started the utility program, but nothing show up on the list.  I don't know what fw version the units have. All I want to do is change the IP address to each unit.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(dustind @ Feb 23 2007, 12:41 PM)
I have two IQ-PIP-USP3 connected to a network switch. The devices would not show up in the utility program. I have tried different versions from 6 to 8.2. The data LED on the front panel blinked when I started the utility program, but nothing show up on the list.  I don't know what fw version the units have. All I want to do is change the IP address to each unit.
View Post

Make sure you have the MS Windows firewall shut off.

Give your computer a fixed IP address say something like 192.168.4.100 subnet 255.255.255.0.
Open the TCP/IQ Utility program. The devices should show up with a red highlight. Then give each amp a fixed IP of say 192.168.4.1 and 192.168.4.2. subnet 255.255.255.0. The red highlight should go away and the TCP box should get a check mark.

If you have more than one NIC card you may need to bind the TCP/IQ Utility and IQWic programs to the NIC you are using. This is done in the Setup|Network Settings|UDP Bind window.

If the amps don't don't show up even after a few minutes you can also try resetting the PIP back to factory defaults.

1) Shut off the amplifier, then press and hold in the Preset Switch located on the back of the amplifier while powering it back up.
(The Preset Switch is located in the hole between the Date and Preset lights)
2) Both the Data and Preset LEDs will turn on steady.
3) After approximately 5 seconds, both the Data and Preset LEDs will go out. When the LEDs come back on release the Preset Switch.
4) Power cycle the amplifier and it should be set back to factory preset.
Note: The IP, Subnet and Gateway addresses of the PIP will not be changed after performing this reset.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:52 PM

It may also be that the PIPs are set to obtain their IP Address Automatically and if there is no DHCP server on the network I have seen it take a couple of minutes for them to show up as they will probably be set to some address outside your network range. Try waiting a couple of minutes and see if they actually do come up with a red line through them. Then manually reset their Addresses.