AMCRON GEODYNE II

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:47 AM

DEAR FRIENDS I HAVE AT MY SHOP AN AMCRON GEODYNE II POWER AMP FOR REPAIR. I TRY HARD TO FIND THE SCHEMATICS ON THE WEB BUT I CAN'T FIND IT EVEN ON DISCONTINUED MODELS. DOES ANY OF YOU KNOW WHY? IS IT THERE ANY EQUIVALENT UNDER A DIFFERENT REFERENCE? THANK FOR YOUR TIME

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

I had scanned that info several months ago but for some reason it never made it to the Web site. I have talked to our Tech pubs people and it should be posted by the end of next week.
If you are in a hurry the schematics for the Power Techs should be very close as they were basically the same amplifiers.

#3 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jun 24 2005, 05:08 PM)
I had scanned that info several months ago but for some reason it never made it to the Web site. I have talked to our Tech pubs people and it should be posted by the end of next week.
If you are in a hurry the schematics for the Power Techs should be very close as they were basically the same amplifiers.

#4 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:57 AM

Thank you for your time and helpfull answer.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

The Geodyne information has been posted to the Web site.

#6 cqtsdss

cqtsdss
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Aug 15 2005, 09:53 PM)
The Geodyne information has been posted to the Web site.

DEAR DAVID:

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME ON MY GEODYNE PROBLEM. IT IS A REAL PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH SUCH A PROFESIONAL PEOPLE, NOT VERY EASY TO FIND NOWADAYS. I HAVE NOW THE TECHNICAL DOCS I NEEDED. JUST ONE COMMENT, THE LINK TO THE USER MANUAL DOC MUST BE MISTAKING BECAUSE ANYTIME I PRESSED IT, TAKES ME TO THE GEODYNE I SERVICE MANUAL.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

JUST ONE COMMENT, THE LINK TO THE USER MANUAL DOC MUST BE MISTAKING BECAUSE ANYTIME I PRESSED IT, TAKES ME TO THE GEODYNE I SERVICE MANUAL.

Sorry for that. The link has been corrected.

#8 larry711

larry711
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:26 AM

I'm in need of Power Tech 3 information. I bought a used unit an don't know how much stereo, bridged, mono power it has at any ohms.... I saw the 3.1 pdf file, but am not sure if the amps are identical in out put.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(larry711 @ Oct 8 2005, 09:26 AM)
I'm in need of Power Tech 3 information. I bought a used unit an don't know how much stereo, bridged, mono power it has at any ohms.... I saw the 3.1 pdf file, but am not sure if the amps are identical in out put.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!!

The PT3.1 and the PT 3 were the same amplifier circuitry wise and spec wise. The only difference was the 3.1 had a newer face plate and it came with XLR input connectors as well as 1/4" TRS connectors. The earlier (non- .1) PT amplifiers came standard with  1/4" TRS input connectors only.