Itechs

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KM Productions

KM Productions
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:38 PM

Ok, went from a rack of MA3600's and MA5000's, to a rack of I-tech 4000's and 6000's, highs are FINE, but the lows just dont punch enough, obviously not up to par to the powerhouse 5000's but cant it atleast get close? Someone mentioned to me that if i send the front end into clip, the amp will beef up enough, sound like something possible? if so how do i get to the front end clip?

Second... PARAMETRIC EQ, where are you, im really loving the copmuter controlled interface, but i really need a parametric and ive been told there is one, how do i get to it... please help. Thanks

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:17 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you don't think the I-Techs have the same "Beef" in your system as the MA5k's as they have been proving to be just a "beefy" if not more so from everyone else we have heard from.

If you will down load the IQwic software from the downloads section of this forum and use it to access the amplifiers processing functions there are several places in the processing chain were filters can be added. I would suggest placing the filters in the last filter block of the processing chain so if you wish to use the signal generators you don't take something out. sad.gif

The high end functions of the processing can only be accessed through the IQwic software not the front panels display.

#3 dduncan4@san.rr.com

dduncan4@san.rr.com

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

What is the impedance of the low's you are driving? The Itech is designed to run a 4 ohm load. If you are driving a load that is different (2 ohms) then you get less power from the amp.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:48 AM

Here is something else to look at.
The Macro-Techs come with a .775v, 1.4v and 26 db input sensitivity settings They ship in the .775 volt input sensitivity setting.
The I-Techs come with a variable 1.4v to 3.36v input sensitivity settings and ship in the 1.4v setting.
Are we comparing apples to apples? Are the input sensitivity settings the same?
If the Macro Techs are in .775v and the I-Techs are 1.4v than the Macro Techs will get to full rated output before the I-Techs.

#5 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

Also each I Tech ships with a CD Rom that has the software on it as well.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#6 KM Productions

KM Productions
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:31 AM

Ahhh.... ok DGlass, i didnt even think about the input sensitivity setting. Im gonna have to start like that, and see where that brings me.  Does anyone know when the next class will be given in the long island area? I definately need to get into the deeper part of running this IQwic software.

Any advice on the parametric EQ issue? Or is that what you were talking about with the filters?

#7 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:40 PM

A Parametric EQ is a type of Filter.

#8 Blade

Blade

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 22 2005, 08:48 AM)
The Macro-Techs come with a .775v, 1.4v and 26 db input sensitivity settings They ship in the .775 volt input sensitivity setting.
The I-Techs come with a variable 1.4v to 3.36v input sensitivity settings and ship in the 1.4v setting.
If the Macro Techs are in .775v and the I-Techs are 1.4v than the Macro Techs will get to full rated output before the I-Techs.
View Post

Any way to get the I-Tech to .775v so a combo of Macro-Tech's & I-Tech's all "jive" together???

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Blade @ Apr 30 2005, 04:52 PM)
View Post

Any way to get the I-Tech to .775v so a combo of Macro-Tech's & I-Tech's all "jive" together???
View Post

The lowest input sensitivity setting for the I-Techs is 1.4v. As this most closely matches the 0VU (1.23v) output of a professional mixing console I would set the MA5ks to their 1.4 volt setting. This way if unity gain is set up through the system, from the mixer through the processors to the amps, as the console reaches 0VU the amplifiers (if turned all the way up) will be reaching their full output at about the same time.
This will also give you a better system signal to noise as you will be able to run the mixer hotter and not be running it so low that it is in the electronic's noise floor level.

#10 Blade

Blade

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ May 2 2005, 09:08 AM)
QUOTE(Blade @ Apr 30 2005, 04:52 PM)
View Post

View Post

The lowest input sensitivity setting for the I-Techs is 1.4v. As this most closely matches the 0VU (1.23v) output of a professional mixing console I would set the MA5ks to their 1.4 volt setting. This way if unity gain is set up through the system, from the mixer through the processors to the amps, as the console reaches 0VU the amplifiers (if turned all the way up) will be reaching their full output at about the same time.
This will also give you a better system signal to noise as you will be able to run the mixer hotter and not be running it so low that it is in the electronic's noise floor level.
View Post

That's what I was thinking, just tryin' to be lazy. Thanks for the additional tech info, makes for better understanding. Much appreciated.

#11 Dj Foxx

Dj Foxx
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(KM Productions @ Feb 18 2005, 08:38 PM)
Ok, went from a rack of MA3600's and MA5000's, to a rack of I-tech 4000's and 6000's, highs are FINE, but the lows just dont punch enough, obviously not up to par to the powerhouse 5000's but cant it atleast get close?
View Post

Just saw this today, What kind of speakers are you pushin? I've found it to be useful to Bi amp if you have that option, add a crossover and push the 63 Hhz to the max on your EQ wether it be through Comp or a component in your rack hope it helps, sorry to hear ab your bass trouble too I can't get enough of it myself either biggrin.gif

#12 Klark

Klark
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(Dj Foxx @ Jun 8 2005, 04:55 PM)
...push the 63 Hhz to the max on your EQ wether it be through Comp or a component in your rack..

Oh yes, that is brilliant advice.  Thank you so much, oh great master of the EQ.  May we bow down again and forever receive the limitless body of your infinite wisdom.  You truly are the master of all things wise & great.

rolleyes.gif

#13 Greg Longtin

Greg Longtin
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:52 PM

David,

> as the console reaches 0VU the amplifiers (if turned all the way up) will be reaching their full output at about the same time.

Hmmm...  Setting things that way will waste about 20 db out of the console, assuming the console can do +24.  Granted, full range from a console may be reduced by a cross-over (internal or external), but even then...

Also, IMHO, input sensitivity is one of those 'odd' numbers. I don't want I-Tech's to have the same 'input sensitivities', I want them to have the same gain, so they can be interchanged.

Greg Longtin

#14 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:17 AM

Greg,
This is why we list the input sensitivity in voltage and in dB of gain. You can use either to set the sensitivity adjustable in .1dB  increments

QUOTE(Greg Longtin @ Sep 27 2005, 03:52 PM)
David,

> as the console reaches 0VU the amplifiers (if turned all the way up) will be reaching their full output at about the same time.

Hmmm...  Setting things that way will waste about 20 db out of the console, assuming the console can do +24.  Granted, full range from a console may be reduced by a cross-over (internal or external), but even then...

Also, IMHO, input sensitivity is one of those 'odd' numbers. I don't want I-Tech's to have the same 'input sensitivities', I want them to have the same gain, so they can be interchanged.

Greg Longtin
View Post

Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com