I-Tech for EAW KF650z & SB-1000

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sancd648

sancd648
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

I am currently needing to power four (4) EAW 650z, preferably tri-amped, and two EAW SB-1000, with a possible expansion to four subs in the near future.  I have read that the x-over points, and other factors as stated by EAW do not totally always match up with the DBX processors (ie. Driverack 480).  Is this a true statement with the new Crown I-tech's, due to that the I-tech's use Driverack technology. If so, what settings need to be calculated a little differently? Also, I am planning on getting two (2) I-tech 6000's for the mids & lows, one (1) I-tech 4000 for the highs, and then an I-Tech 8000 for the subs.  Is this combination OK for the KF650z's or should I go with an I-tech 4000 for the mids too?

#2 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(sancd648 @ Oct 16 2005, 03:44 PM)
I am currently needing to power four (4) EAW 650z, preferably tri-amped, and two EAW SB-1000, with a possible expansion to four subs in the near future.  I have read that the x-over points, and other factors as stated by EAW do not totally always match up with the DBX processors (ie. Driverack 480).  Is this a true statement with the new Crown I-tech's, due to that the I-tech's use Driverack technology. If so, what settings need to be calculated a little differently? Also, I am planning on getting two (2) I-tech 6000's for the mids & lows, one (1) I-tech 4000 for the highs, and then an I-Tech 8000 for the subs.  Is this combination OK for the KF650z's or should I go with an I-tech 4000 for the mids too?
View Post

The processor in the Itech seems to be a little more precise in the adjustments you can make, more so than any DBX i've worked on. I don't think you will need to do that much adjustment to the factory settings other than bandpass gains. I would go with the IT4000 for the mids, seems like that would do just fine. The subs may need a little more  ""umph" if you're planning to parallel two cabinets on one side of an IT8000. 1000W cont. per driver at 8....  On the other hand, The voltatge swing on the rails of an IT8000 should be able to compensate for the slight under wattage at 2ohms. Numbers wise, a single IT8000 isn't quite enough for 2 SB1000 per side. but I think that it would sound just fine.  biggrin.gif