37 replies to this topic

#16 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

mark my words! it doesn't help grounding them, they was grounded at the gig. smile.gif
ill show you tomorrow, i'm going to buy a grounded plug and mount it on the cable

you can watch this video response for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tac-h3ayGws

this is not a toy for me! it's part of my income, so plz trust and work with me.
ill buy and do all you tell me to buy and do..

possessed?? danm kevin, there are no ghosts in denmark  huh.gif

#17 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

Hi

I noticed on the video that on the second amp 6000 there is a different AC main socket.  I have to ask you again what kind of powercord you are using if you can't use the cord from Crown.

It looks like the main socket on the second amp is NEMA socket. Next time you do a video please show the powercord you are using. Show me also your socket from the stove. You are not showing/telling everything!!!!!!

Where did you buy the amps?? If it is NEMA socket on the amp then it should be L1,L2 and ground to get 208/230 V. I think you have 120 V unit. I am not familiar with NEMA sockets, this is pure guessing from my side.

I really don't understand how you can connect it from your stove without reconnecting the socket, fedding the stove, for use to the amp. Again, please show me how exactly you are connecting.

This maybe explain why you have the same problem on the gig.

Thanks

#18 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:14 AM

mctwins...

i'm an educated electro mechanic, I'm working with  >10 Mega-watt's generators every day!
I know how to connect and work with power, at a higher level.
so plz stop bugging me with your theory about wrong power connection,
the amp wornt even turn on if you use L1 + L2.... I'LL properly fry the amp if i dit so.
L1 + L2 = 440v in denmark...

the amp is connected to L1 and N
the 2'end amp is connected to L2 and N
they are not grounded at the moment.

the only thing i'm missing is the ground, and I'll make the video response to day, with a grounded cable..

the cable i'm using is the cable i got from crown.

the amp's  are only ~30days old, from a store in denmark called Arteq...  www.arteq.dk

the 2 amp's have the exact same AC main socket. and they are rated : 230V / 50hz

and yes i reconnected the socket behinde the stove, to get the 3 time's 230Volt / 16amp's.
any way, the amp also works on a normal 10amp wall connector, you dont need 16amps to get the 6k going..
it just wornt but out the max  power at 10amp.

#19 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

Hi

For the first time you are saying that it is not grounded. Ground the amps for GOD sake.

Then we can see. You are educated in electro mechanic and still you are not grounding the equipment????????????????

I my self is not educated, but still working in power plant > 400MW.

I dont understand why you dont ground the amp when you have it from the stove????

I still want to see the outlet socket from both amps in your next video, please!

I hope this is not to bugging for you, just let me know if I gonna stop posting.

Thanks

#20 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

i CAN'T GROUND the amps!! read the reply i wrote..
i need to buy a ground converter plug....... again read the reply's!

i'm glad that you are helping me, don't get it wrong... i'm just trying to tell you for the 5 time,, that it's connected correct! I only need the ground coverter plug..
the one i have only support 10A! and it will stick permanently to the power cable!.... again read the reply's
i'm going to buy one now that supports 16A.... again read the reply's....

the amp's has been grounded befor and it doesn't solve the problem... again read the reply's....

Post #14 :ill try to get my amp grounded tomorrow but i'm almost certain that it wont help<---- told you they were not gounded....

I'll send a video reply today.. again read the REPLY'S....

if thats not what you call bugging... then I don't know what bugging means...
i keep telling you that i'm going to do the things you all are telling me to do... just have patience...

and thanks mctwins for the help, you deserve it, but plz read the reply's more thorough...

any way! i have a 4k,, that's plying fine on the same power net.. so the 6k should be able to do so to.... and the 4k ain't grounded...

if you want to se the 2 outlet socket, that's no problem, just wait till i get home, ill make the video m8  cool.gif
if you got any more theory plz help mctwins  smile.gif

#21 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

hi kevin, can you plz try this out for me,,

connect a miniplug/xlr to the 6k at your lab ?

#22 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Oct 21 2010, 05:45 PM) View Post
So in diagnostics mode (where you read the temperatures) it says v.1.1.3.2?   I'm trying hard not to think your 6k amps are possessed.  None of this makes much sense, even the fan operation.  In HI mode it should come on at 53C output temp.  I'm sticking with my bad grounding theory for now.

i know you will finde the answer one way or another smile.gif

grounding on the power to the amp ? or balancing the cable from the pc?

i'll ground the amp's when i get home, i have 2 ground plug converter now  smile.gif

so far i can't seem to find any ghost or deamons, just tell me when you want me to call an exorcist  laugh.gif

do you want me to buy a rolls cable balancing?

thanks for the effort so far kevin smile.gif

#23 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

Hi Bo

I try as much as I can to help you. rolleyes.gif

Nice picture about the miniplug/xlr;

As I see it, the left and right plus(hot) is not connected together, maybe here is a problem. I have never seen any miniplug/xlr Y-linked together.

You can read great stuff here www.rane.com and go to library and read about "Sound System Interconnection"

Hope this help.

Thanks

#24 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

haha they are not connected becaus it's a stereo mini plug  laugh.gif
nice opservetion tho smile.gif

thaks smile.gif

#25 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

img of back pannel for mctwins :

#26 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

new video response with a grounded amp  cool.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvcb8gv8HkM

all video resopnses:

part1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUO5s0Hm2QY

part2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIDRCfeDZw

part3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tac-h3ayGws

part4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvcb8gv8HkM

#27 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:54 AM

Hi

It's little bit more understanderble now. Thanks for your effort of making these video it help alot to see the problem you have.

But I must say, the stove wallsocket have I never seen before. Is this a standard in Denmark?

As I see it, you seem too have some problem with this amp. I asume that you still have some warranty. It need some service that's for sure.

Thanks  

#28 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:05 AM

hehe yea i think it's standart i denmark, i'd never seen a kitchen without one   happy.gif

yes the amp's are only a month old, so they are still under warranty.

thaks for helping me out mctwins  smile.gif

the most weird thing is that both amps have the same problem blink.gif

#29 Bo Pedersen

Bo Pedersen

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

Kevin??

#30 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

Sorry guys, we're short handed this week, will get to this when possible...thanks for your patience!