Clubber

XLS 602 + JBL JRX 125

22 posts in this topic

I want to buy these components.

And I don`t know that they work perfectly togeather . I`ve read that the JBL JRX 125 speakers recomended power amplificaton is 500-1000 watts at 4 ohms so it sholud work perfectly (I think). But still I`ve read in the forum that some coustumers had seriuos problems with the XLS 602. So that`s why i`m asking for your help that these componnetns will work perfecltly or not.

oh and one more question i`m not planning to buy a mixer (not yet), so I will have the full power of the amp, will the speakers be as loud as they should be????

PLS help

Thanks

I see this forum was created for nothing I can`t get any help from you.

At least tell me to buzz off but Nothing, blank, then why this forum is avaible ????

:angry: <_<:( :angry: :angry:

I want to buy these components.

And I don`t know that they work perfectly togeather . I`ve read that the JBL JRX 125 speakers recomended power amplificaton is 500-1000 watts at 4 ohms so it sholud work  perfectly (I think). But still I`ve read in the forum that some coustumers had seriuos problems with the XLS 602. So that`s why i`m asking for your help that these componnetns will work perfecltly or not.

oh and one more question i`m not planning to buy a mixer (not yet), so I will have the full power of the amp, will the speakers be as loud as they should be????

PLS help

Thanks

3106[/snapback]

Hey Clubber,There is nothing wrong with an XLS-602.I own one (just got it) and a 2 yr old 402.When I run em the last 2 hrs of a job at at 85% and they are fine.You have to remember that some people would rather push a Chevy that drive a Ford,which shows how biased some folks get about a certin item.I have used other products in the past with mixed results and I'm sure any Crown product might have a problem sometime or another.Their tech support and willingness to get the product straightened out in on par with the best in the industry.That 602 will drive those speakers fine, but I feel if you can get a little more power it wouldn't hurt

10X for replying

Yes I have in mid buying the xls 802 but, the problem is the buget.

And I have a question I`m not planning to buy a mixer yet (buget problem) but the amp will have enough power without preamplification?? Because first I`m planning to link te PC to the amp directly.

10X for replying

Yes I have in mid buying the xls 802 but, the problem is the buget.

And I have a question I`m not planning to buy a mixer yet (buget problem) but the amp  will have enough power without preamplification?? Because first I`m planning to link te PC to the amp directly.

3124[/snapback]

I'm not sure of the output level of your PC's sound card.It will probably not enough to fully drive your amp. Get or build a cheap preamp/mixer to bind you over.Russ.

And what kind of cheap pream mixer do you recomend with in max 20 EU :) ?(it could have one channel, no crossfader, It could be Used just pream the sound) [that`s why i`m like this because I`m low on buget :( ]

BEHRINGER EURORACK UB-502 I`ve found this, it`s just 45 eu. I know that you are probably loughting when wiewing the image :) ;But this would be good for preamplification ??3142_ub502_top.jpg

BEHRINGER EURORACK UB-502 I`ve found this, it`s just 45 eu. I know that you are probably loughting when wiewing the image  :) ;But this would be good for preamplification ??3142_ub502_top.jpg

3154[/snapback]

There you go.That would do the trick on an econo budget.Russ

I see this forum was created for nothing I can`t get any help from you.

At least tell me to buzz off but Nothing, blank, then why this forum is avaible ????

:angry:  <_<  :(  :angry:  :angry:

3122[/snapback]

My apologies for the delay in responding but I was a way for a few weeks and it is taking me some time to get caught up with everything. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a forum and does not have someone constantly sitting around monitoring the forum. As a forum you post and wait for a responce it is not supposed to replace standard email and tech support phone calls - that have a higher priority. We endeavor to do the best we can to answer in a timely manor as time and resources allow. You may also notice that we sometimes let others answer (outside of Crown) as a peer rather than a totaly factory responce. A forum should take on a life of it's own and not be a Blogg of one person.

Again my apologies for our not answering your posting directly faster.

To link a PC directly to a computer you will need a device to bring the consumer output line-level of the PC card to a professional input line-level. This can be done with cost effective mixer like the Soundcraft Spirit "Notepad" or a special matching box like the Whirlwind "pcDI" the Rolls " MB-15" or the ART "Cleanbox". These devices will not only bring up the level but balance the inputs for direct plugin to a Professional amplifier.

Thanks for helping.

And I`m hoiping to buy the gear in a month.(as I`ve said I`m low on buget :( )

Finnaly I`ve heav it :) after a lost of headacke but now it`s home :).

So anny suggestions of housing right this gear to have a long life (2x JBL JRX 125; 1x Crown XLS 602; 1x Behringer UB-802)

10X for Harman Pro B)

Finnaly I`ve heav it  :) after a lost of headacke but now it`s home  :).

So anny suggestions of housing right this gear to have a long life (2x JBL JRX 125; 1x Crown XLS 602; 1x Behringer UB-802)

10X for Harman Pro  B)

3395[/snapback]

Keep them clean, away from liquids and don't drop them from tall buildings.

Just Kidding. :D

If you plan to set them up and leave them then you can put them pretty much any were as long as the amp can get air. If you plan to move them around any then a small rack to put everything into would be the best thing.

Thanks for the advice.

But I've got a question: When the amp clips than it masures that the speakers are overloaded or the amp?

Thanks for the advice.

But I've got  a question: When the amp clips than it masures that the speakers are overloaded or the amp?

3507[/snapback]

Hi Clubber,

When your Amp Clip lights light up then it means that the Amp's Input is being overloaded which you can correct by either turning the Amps gain knobs down a bit or turn down the Source Input, the Behringer.

The way to know which should be turned down, the Amp or the Behringer is all about "Gain Structure" see below....

An occasional clip light is not terrible but I prefer to never see it at all.

You can set up your Gain Structure for your System by connecting your Source Input to the Behringer and then the Outputs of the Behringer to the Crown XLS 602's Inputs.

Do not connect your speakers yet, or if they are disconnect them.

Turn the power ON to your Source (CD player etc..) the Behringer and the Crown Power amp, leave the front Channel knobs on the Crown all the way down.

On the Behringer wether you are using Inputs 2/3 or 4/5 I would leave the Level for the channels at "0"

I would leave the "Main Mix" knob at "0" straight up also.

Now turn up your Input source to the Behringer until you just see the Red Clip LED's light up for your L&R Outputs.

If your Input source such as a CD player, does not have a volume control and instead has just a fixed output, then adjust the Channel Level knob until you see the Red Clip Led's light up at the L&R LED Meters.

Red lights should just Flicker and not be Solid on!

Now on the Crown XLS602 Power Amp turn up the front Channel 1 and Channel 2 Gain knobs until you just start to see the RED Clip lights start to flicker.

Once the Clip lights start to flicker on the Crown turn the Channel Gain knobs down just a bit until you do not see any RED Clip lights.

I would rather set the System so when the Red lights on the Behringer flicker, the Clip lights on the Amp still will not!

Now if the Behringer happens to hit Red the Crown will not and you will not Clip the Amp.

Your System's "Gain Structure" is now safely set.

Some will set up their System more on the edge to tweak every ounce of Power that they can!

They set the System Gain Structure so that when the Red Clip LED's light on the Mixer, they are also lighting at the Power amp, then they know if they see Red at the Mixer they know the Clip lights are also lighting up on on the Amp.

You then need to be quick on the Levels to pull down what is Clipping the Mixer.

I and many others take a more conservative approach that I'd rather be Safer than Sorry.

If I see an Occasional Red Clip at my Mixer, then I still know that my Amp is not Clipping and my Speakers are OK.

You can set these two whatever way you want, just so you know when the Amp's is Clipping!

My Subs are getting 2800 watts each from a CE4000 and at the higher wattage, Clipping can send a lot of heat to my voice coil and cause damage a bit quicker.

I also have more headroom and can back off on the Amp's gain a bit more to guarantee no clipping.

Clipping is one of a major cause of Speaker failures today.

The only better way to set "Gain Structure" would be to use a solid test tone but Source Material is acceptable, many put on a CD and set the Gain.

Now just watch the Behringer L&R LED's and from the method that you used to set the Gain Structure you know when the Amp is clipping.

I have also seen that some CD's are mixed hotter than others, so when you change the Input Source (different CD) make sure that the Behringer red clip lights do not light up or do so rarely.

If your System is plenty loud then leave your Mixer in the Green and then if a hotter Input is used you have some headroom.

I also always leave my Main fader or in your case Main Mix Knob at "0" Unity!

If you need to turn down the Behringer, use the Channel Level knob or turn down the Source.

At this point if your System cannot get loud enough for your taste, then you need a bigger Amp or Speakers because your System is running at or pretty close to it's max.

Good luck,

Bud

Hi again,

Clubber, since you do not have a Crossover or anything to cut Frequencies per your Speaker's spec's, you are now running your speakers from 20Hz to 20kHz.

If you really crank them, then you may run them into frequencies that they were not designed to reproduce.

The Lower frequencies concern me more than the higher freq's.

Just an FYI.

Specifications:

System Type: Dual 15" 2-way, sound reinforcement speaker

Frequency Range (-10 dB):2 35 Hz - 16 kHz

Frequency Response (±3 dB):2 45 Hz - 12 kHz

Sensitivity (1w/1m): 100 dB SPL

Nominal Impedance: 4

Power Capacity:1 500 watts

Peak Power Capacity:1 2000 watts

Recommended Amplifier

Power: 500-1000 watts @ 4

Maximum SPL: 133 dB

Nominal Dispersion: 90° x 50°

Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz

Later,

Bud

Thanks for your advice. :)

My source is the PC yet. I`ve tested an mp3 (before you where giving me this adivce) called a test from 20 hz to 20khz.

It plays a signal beetween these HZs.

And than it can damage the speakers even if the volume is low?? As you where saying neither those HZ the speaker can not support.

Thanks for your advice. :)

My source is the PC yet. I`ve tested an mp3 (before you where giving me this adivce) called a test from 20 hz to 20khz.

It plays a signal beetween these HZs.

And than it can damage the speakers even if the volume is low?? As you where saying neither those HZ the speaker can not support.

3517[/snapback]

Hi Clubber,

No not at low volume, probably really not a problem at medium to medium high volume.

I said that

If you really crank them (very high SPL's) then you may run them into frequencies that they were not designed to reproduce.

If you have an EQ just do not boost frequencies below 50Hz.

You should know if the speakers sound like they are being over exerted.

Later,

Bud

Hello

Well I have an EQ beacuse I bought the UB-802 version of the mixer:

UB-802_top-1a0f7dd7dd4b73734e20e3ef0f9c4915.jpg

And even the amp clips sooner if i turn the low to +5dB.

So i better stay at 0dB. :)

Hello

Well I have an EQ beacuse I bought the UB-802 version of the mixer:

UB-802_top-1a0f7dd7dd4b73734e20e3ef0f9c4915.jpg

And even the amp clips sooner if i turn the low to +5dB.

So i better stay at 0dB. :)

3529[/snapback]

Hi Clubber,

That's because when you boost the EQ it actually makes your Channel strip hotter.

If you want to be able to use the EQ to it's full path then when you adjust your EQ

to the plus side and if your amp wants to clip but your mixer is not, then just turn

down your Amp's gain until the clip light goes out.

When I was talking about removing EQ below 50Hz it was if you used a

31 band EQ or Dual 31 or even a Dual 15 EQ with sliders.

Some EQ's even have a variable Low pass adjustable filter.

That Low EQ on the Behringer is one that I caution turning up while really cranking your speakers, because it will definately Add possibly more low end than your speakers want.

Like I said before, you should be able to tell from the sound of your speakers if they are being pushed past their limits.

Good luck,

Bud

Thanks for the advice.

But I've got  a question: When the amp clips than it masures that the speakers are overloaded or the amp?

3507[/snapback]

Hi Clubber,

When your Amp Clip lights light up then it means that the Amp's Input is being overloaded which you can correct by either turning the Amps gain knobs down a bit or turn down the Source Input, the Behringer.

The way to know which should be turned down, the Amp or the Behringer is all about "Gain Structure" see below....

An occasional clip light is not terrible but I prefer to never see it at all.

You can set up your Gain Structure for your System by connecting your Source Input to the Behringer and then the Outputs of the Behringer to the Crown XLS 602's Inputs.

Do not connect your speakers yet, or if they are disconnect them.

Turn the power ON to your Source (CD player etc..) the Behringer and the Crown Power amp, leave the front Channel knobs on the Crown all the way down.

On the Behringer wether you are using Inputs 2/3 or 4/5 I would leave the Level for the channels at "0"

I would leave the "Main Mix" knob at "0" straight up also.

Now turn up your Input source to the Behringer until you just see the Red Clip LED's light up for your L&R Outputs.

If your Input source such as a CD player, does not have a volume control and instead has just a fixed output, then adjust the Channel Level knob until you see the Red Clip Led's light up at the L&R LED Meters.

Red lights should just Flicker and not be Solid on!

Now on the Crown XLS602 Power Amp turn up the front Channel 1 and Channel 2 Gain knobs until you just start to see the RED Clip lights start to flicker.

Once the Clip lights start to flicker on the Crown turn the Channel Gain knobs down just a bit until you do not see any RED Clip lights.

I would rather set the System so when the Red lights on the Behringer flicker, the Clip lights on the Amp still will not!

Now if the Behringer happens to hit Red the Crown will not and you will not Clip the Amp.

Your System's "Gain Structure" is now safely set.

Some will set up their System more on the edge to tweak every ounce of Power that they can!

They set the System Gain Structure so that when the Red Clip LED's light on the Mixer, they are also lighting at the Power amp, then they know if they see Red at the Mixer they know the Clip lights are also lighting up on on the Amp.

You then need to be quick on the Levels to pull down what is Clipping the Mixer.

I and many others take a more conservative approach that I'd rather be Safer than Sorry.

If I see an Occasional Red Clip at my Mixer, then I still know that my Amp is not Clipping and my Speakers are OK.

You can set these two whatever way you want, just so you know when the Amp's is Clipping!

My Subs are getting 2800 watts each from a CE4000 and at the higher wattage, Clipping can send a lot of heat to my voice coil and cause damage a bit quicker.

I also have more headroom and can back off on the Amp's gain a bit more to guarantee no clipping.

Clipping is one of a major cause of Speaker failures today.

The only better way to set "Gain Structure" would be to use a solid test tone but Source Material is acceptable, many put on a CD and set the Gain.

Now just watch the Behringer L&R LED's and from the method that you used to set the Gain Structure you know when the Amp is clipping.

I have also seen that some CD's are mixed hotter than others, so when you change the Input Source (different CD) make sure that the Behringer red clip lights do not light up or do so rarely.

If your System is plenty loud then leave your Mixer in the Green and then if a hotter Input is used you have some headroom.

I also always leave my Main fader or in your case Main Mix Knob at "0" Unity!

If you need to turn down the Behringer, use the Channel Level knob or turn down the Source.

At this point if your System cannot get loud enough for your taste, then you need a bigger Amp or Speakers because your System is running at or pretty close to it's max.

Good luck,

Bud

3512[/snapback]

Hello again :)

I've tried this, yes it really works and it's a good idea, but as you where saying some songs are more powerfull than others and those may clip your amp. So I should be cearfull. B)