ewnowak

unbalanced to balanced connection

6 posts in this topic

Where can I get an audio cable with a male unbalanced RCA jack at one end and a male balanced 1/4" jack at the other end? I need this to connect from the single subwoofer RCA output on my integrated receiver to the 1/4" input on a Behringer Feedback Destroyer. The output of the BFD (being used as an equalizer) will then go to the input on my Crown K2 amplifier. I spent over an hour on the internet trying to find something suitable and had no luck. Any info will be much appreciated.

Where can I get an audio cable with a male unbalackanced RCA jack at one end and a male balanced 1/4" jack at the other end? I need this to connect from the single subwoofer RCA output on my integrated receiver to the 1/4" input on a Behringer Feedback Destroyer. The output of the BFD (being used as an equalizer)  will then go to the input on my Crown K2 amplifier. I spent over an hour on the internet trying to find something suitable and had no luck. Any info will be much appreciated.

2989[/snapback]

Hello, do you want a balanced line, or just make a connection? To take an UNbalanced signal, no matter what the terminating end (RCA jack, XLR, .250 jack or plug) and make it a BALANCED line or signal the easiest and cheapest way is with an ART CleanBOX, stereo balanced/unbalanced converter( available at partsexpress.com) $49. Goes both ways too (balanced to unbalanced and has RCA and XLR inputs/ outputs. For .250 plugs rewire the plug or use an adapter (also available $4-5) Never seen a cable RCA to XLR but the adapter above will do the job, then just plug a guitar cord into it. Eugene @ jeenie67

"Hello, do you want a balanced line, or just make a connection? To take an UNbalanced signal, no matter what the terminating end (RCA jack, XLR, .250 jack or plug) and make it a BALANCED line or signal the easiest and cheapest way is with an ART CleanBOX, stereo balanced/unbalanced converter( available at partsexpress.com) $49. Goes both ways too (balanced to unbalanced and has RCA and XLR inputs/ outputs. For .250 plugs rewire the plug or use an adapter (also available $4-5) Never seen a cable RCA to XLR but the adapter above will do the job, then just plug a guitar cord into it. Eugene @ jeenie67"

Hi jeenie67, The picture shown at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....5&post7389165 tells the whole story.

Where can I get an audio cable with a male unbalackanced RCA jack at one end and a male balanced 1/4" jack at the other end? I need this to connect from the single subwoofer RCA output on my integrated receiver to the 1/4" input on a Behringer Feedback Destroyer. The output of the BFD (being used as an equalizer)  will then go to the input on my Crown K2 amplifier. I spent over an hour on the internet trying to find something suitable and had no luck. Any info will be much appreciated.

Hi,

If you are trying to go from a RCA plug to a 1/4" Stereo or TRS plug it should be rather easy to make.

I would buy some Microphone 2 conductor Shielded cable.

Solder up the RCA end with Shield to Ground and Insert both single conductors into the Tip of the RCA plug then at the TRS 1/4" plug solder shield to Shield (ground) then the 2 conductors at the 1/4" plug one will go to the Tip and one will go to the Ring.

However, going from home stereo equipment to Pro Audio equipment sometimes likes to create a nasty Hum.

There are posts here and elsewhere about this subject.

If so, maybe something like the Art Cleanbox will help.

I'd do a Search on that unit and see what you find.

You could make up the cable that I described in less than a half hour and for $5.00 to$10.00, and give it a try.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Bud

"Hi,

If you are trying to go from a RCA plug to a 1/4" Stereo or TRS plug it should be rather easy to make.

I would buy some Microphone 2 conductor Shielded cable.

Solder up the RCA end with Shield to Ground and Insert both single conductors into the Tip of the RCA plug then at the TRS 1/4" plug solder shield to Shield (ground) then the 2 conductors at the 1/4" plug one will go to the Tip and one will go to the Ring.

However, going from home stereo equipment to Pro Audio equipment sometimes likes to create a nasty Hum.

There are posts here and elsewhere about this subject.

If so, maybe something like the Art Cleanbox will help.

I'd do a Search on that unit and see what you find.

You could make up the cable that I described in less than a half hour and for $5.00 to$10.00, and give it a try.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Bud"

Hi Bud, Thanks for the info. The diagram at

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....5&post7389165

is a little different than your description. Also, I'm going to look at a cable at http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2102954

that RadioShack sells that might do the trick. If all else fails I'll try the Art Cleanbox.

Ed