kurtrush

PZM11LLWRS1 Phantom optional?

6 posts in this topic

I have a PZM11LLWRS1 that I thought was just a plain old PZM11LL. I want to power it by 24VDC. Although this unit was factory modified to use Phantom power, do you know if the 24VAC, 12-24VDC posts can still be used without damaging the unit? If not, can I remove whatever modification was made to allow phantom power and restore it to a plain PZM11LLWR?

Thanks,

Kurt

In answer to your question the WR version cannot be changed over to the other version as you would need to remove the membrane that seals the microphone element to access the inside and there is no way to reseal the membrane once it has been removed.

I have a PZM11LLWRS1 that I thought was just a plain old PZM11LL.  I want to power it by 24VDC.  Although this unit was factory modified to use Phantom power, do you know if the 24VAC, 12-24VDC posts can still be used without damaging the unit?  If not, can I remove whatever modification was made to allow phantom power and restore it to a plain PZM11LLWR?

Thanks,

Kurt

2767[/snapback]

Kurt, if you are willing to cut and reseal the black RTV seal between the chassis and the plastic face plate, and you are willing to void the warranty, you can modify the mic to be powered by 12-24V AC or DC.

Move R13 to R14's position. Move R16 to R15's position.

Good luck,

Bruce Bartlett

Crown Microphone Engineering

pzm11llwr_map.bmp

Hello,

Is the PZM11LLWRS1 the only model available now? I wanted to order PZM11LLWRS and use a separate PSU to feed the mic. But the sales guys at Crown had told our purchasing agent there is only PZM11LLWRS1 available now. Should I just do the modification to it as described on the earlier post.

Thanks

Mika

Hello,

Is the PZM11LLWRS1 the only model available now? I wanted to order PZM11LLWRS and use a separate PSU to feed the mic. But the sales guys at Crown had told our purchasing agent there is only PZM11LLWRS1 available now. Should I just do the modification to it as described on the earlier post.

Thanks

Mika

well, this forum is not very busy now is it. Neither are the Crown guys via email????

Mika

Mika,

I am sorry for any confusion that was the result of a recent Harman business decision. As of July 1, 2008, the Crown microphones are now being distributed by Harman Pro instead of directly by Crown. We still build them and support them, just sales, warehousing and distribution is now handled from Northridge, CA. It looks like you really need the standard PZM-11LLWR, which is not available from Crown directly, but over 200 units are in the Northridge facility. When the call was made to sales, you or your purchasing agent should have been told the mics are available to purchase thru Harman Pro distribution, instead of being told we didn't have any in stock. While it is true we currently have 2 of the PZM-11LLWRS1 in stock here in Elkhart, Indiana, the rest of the inventory has been transferred to Northridge.