dougabcd

IQ network in a touring setup

8 posts in this topic

My company is looking at new ITechs and would like to know if someone makes a network switch box that is more geared toward touring/production situations. Something that will mount in the back of a rack and use the neutrik ethercon connectors for instance. Thanks in advance.

Doug Hammel

Sunbelt Scenic Studios

I don't know of any company making Heavy Duty Road Warrior type switches. However most of the reputable network component manufactures make good rack mounted switches. You might try Peak Audio's site as they have done a lot of research into switches for use with CobraNet.

http://www.peakaudio.com/

Take a look at Cisco's 2955 series of switches. Hardened for industrial applications. No Ethercons, but that can be fixed with a custom rack panel.

Jason Valenzuela

Hi,

have look for wagner tools "ESU-205"

It is an 5 port Fast Ethernet Switch with Neutrik EtherCon RJ45.

For more information contact info@connex-online.de

Regards Bob

I purchased an SMC router for home use and was very pleasantly surprised that it came with rack ears and is an all metal case. (SMC7008ABR Barricade Cable/DSL router with 8-port 10/100Mbps switch and Integrated Print Server) The main reason I got it was Standard Warranty : Lifetime Limited & Parts Warranty and Labor: Lifetime.

This post is not an endorsement, just wanted to let people know about the options.

Woodhead Connectivity makes a line of ruggedized industrial ethernet products under the RJ-LYNXX brand that use waterproof, locking RJ45's.

Well, it seems Develtech has just uploaded an all new website as of about an hour after I posted this link, and the new site doesn't include the Ethernet switch. We will probably look into whether this is still an available product, but in the meantime it may be safe to say this one isn't an option.

If we learn anything more about this product, we will post it here.