K1/2 or other amp

2 posts in this topic

Hello all. I've been playing the Chapman Stick for several years, and bought a Power Base-2 a long time ago. Great amp, but the fan is really loud. This isn't a problem if you're on stage playing with drums, but very annoying otherwise. I'm particularly frustrated when I'm practicing at home. 2 questions:

Short of getting a new amp, is there anything I can do to eliminate the noisy fan?

If I get another amp, which of your offerings would be appropriate? Needs to support stereo, and rated over 300 watts at 4 ohms, and be as quiet as possible. The K-series appealed to me because it doesn't even have a fan, but perhaps there is something else. Or, maybe the K1 is the ticket. Since the stick spans both bass and guitar ranges, the amp should handle a wide frequency range, but I'm particularly interested in great bass response.

Also, how would it fit with the Bag End Bag End INFRA system, and a sub woofer, which is also a potential purchase of mine, though probably a ways off. Thanks in advance.

Having worked with some Stick and Warr Guitar players, I have learned that damping is extrememly important to getting a distinctive sound. So for these friends I have used my K2 and they have been really happy. So I would recommend the K2.