binsoy25

ce 2000 barrier strip

4 posts in this topic

I just want to know what is the center input of the barrier strips. I saw five inputs in the barrier strips, they are +/- for channel 1 and +/- for channel 2. Is the center input for the ground? If that center input is for the ground then I could parallel another amp by using the barrier strips of the ce 2000 into another amp in a balance configuration. For example, from the barrier strip of ch 1 input I wire the +,- and the ground to the balance input of another amp. In this way I could have a balance wiring. Thanks. :D

The center screw of the input terminal strip is ground. As ground is common to pretty much everything you only need one ground screw for both inputs. :)

The Input barrier strip is parallel connected to the XLR input connectors. So........ yes you could use this as a balanced connection point to send the input signal to another amplifier. :)

The center screw of the input terminal strip is ground. As ground is common to pretty much everything you only need one ground screw for both inputs.  :)

The Input barrier strip is parallel connected to the XLR input connectors. So........ yes you could use this as a balanced connection point to send the input signal to another amplifier. :)

2196[/snapback]

So, if you are using the Barrier Strip as a Pass through to another Amp,

then use the "Plus" (+) "Minus" (-) and "Ground" screws for a balanced connection.

But if you just want to use the Barrier Strip to Y the Inputs, you would only need to use + to + and - to - and not need the Center Ground screw at all, because the Amp Chassis itself, is the common Ground.

Is this ALL correct?

I have my Inputs Y'd and just use the + to + and - to -

Thanks,

Bud

The center screw of the input terminal strip is ground. As ground is common to pretty much everything you only need one ground screw for both inputs.  :)

2196[/snapback]

So, if you are using the Barrier Strip as a Pass through to another Amp,

then use the "Plus" (+) "Minus" (-) and "Ground" screws for a balanced connection.

But if you just want to use the Barrier Strip to Y the Inputs, you would only need to use + to + and - to - and not need the Center Ground screw at all, because the Amp Chassis itself, is the common Ground.

Is this ALL correct?

I have my Inputs Y'd and just use the + to + and - to -

Thanks,

Bud

2239[/snapback]

In most cases, of short distance wiring, + to + and - to - only is ok but it is standard practice to at least connect the shield at one amp end or the other. This way you still have shielding of the signal line. Otherwise the shield is doing nothing to help prevent noise.