Blade

Macro-Tech Differences?

4 posts in this topic

What are the essential differences between the MA-2400 and the MA-2402?

The power rating is the same...

I'll let the Crown engineers anwser the specifics here, but my understanding is that the main difference is that the "02" series amps (ie: 2402) accept the newer PIP2 cards (ie: PIP2-USP2, PIP2-USP3, etc.) See the text below, it's from a web paged called "The 02 difference" (Which doesn't appear to be on the Crown web site anymore).

As I recall, Crown switched from the "00" to the "02" series about 5-6 years ago, so any MA-2400 you find will be at least that old.

================================================

The Macro-Tech 02 Difference

The Crown Macro-Tech 02 Series amps are enchanced versions of the Macro-Tech line. They offer the same features and performance of the original Macro-Techs while delivering key added benefits that continue to expand the versatility of this distinct product line. Here are a few examples:

Enhanced PIP2 (Programmable Input Processor) connector accepts new accessory modules that tailor the amplifier for specific applications.

Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch phone jacks for each channel on the standard PIP-FXQ module..

Full Protection from shorted, open and mismatched loads, general over-heating, DC, high-frequency overloads, and full internal fault protection are provided by our latest protection scheme: "Quad-Mute."

HiQnet- compatible.

=================================================

I'll let the Crown engineers anwser the specifics here, but my understanding is that the main difference is that the "02" series amps (ie: 2402) accept the newer PIP2 cards (ie: PIP2-USP2, PIP2-USP3, etc.) See the text below, it's from a web paged called "The 02 difference" (Which doesn't appear to be on the Crown web site anymore).

As I recall, Crown switched from the "00" to the "02" series about 5-6 years ago, so any MA-2400 you find will be at least that old.

================================================

The Macro-Tech 02 Difference

The Crown Macro-Tech 02 Series amps are enchanced versions of the Macro-Tech line. They offer the same features and performance of the original Macro-Techs while delivering key added benefits that continue to expand the versatility of this distinct product line. Here are a few examples:

Enhanced PIP2 (Programmable Input Processor) connector accepts new accessory modules that tailor the amplifier for specific applications.

Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch phone jacks for each channel on the standard PIP-FXQ module..

Full Protection from shorted, open and mismatched loads, general over-heating, DC, high-frequency overloads, and full internal fault protection are provided by our latest protection scheme: "Quad-Mute."

HiQnet- compatible.

=================================================

2025[/snapback]

That is correct the only real differences were the availability of the PIP2 cables instead of the PIP1 edgecard connection-which ments a different main board to provide for these cable connections.