speakeruser101

Signal Crossing CE 2000

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I have the CE 2000, Using a Mackie 18 channel sound board. And using EV Eliminators mains (2) (Crossing over the signal w/ a crossover) and a EV Eliminator Subwoofer. I am using channel one for high's and med and channel two for my subwoofer. I am using Speakon cables (Monster) My signal is crossing, when I turn up channel one the mains are on and just high's and that all I want it to have, but when I turn on channel two the mains also turn up and it makes them peak (LOW SIGNALS), but the subwoofer is fine. If I unplug the mains the subwoofer works fine, but when I have the mains and the subwoofer on, there's a problem. There is no hum, cause of the Monster cables. But I have had this problem in the past, every time I take down my system this happens. I am a DJ and thats a problem cause I frequently take the system apart. I have tried every possible way I can think of. I just did a gig like 4 days ago and it was fine. So if anybody has any idea PLEASE REPLY!!!! Thank You!!

First thing to check for is if the amplifier is in two channel mode not Bridge-Mono. Then I would check your speaker cable connections as the channel 1 SpeakOn connector also has channel two on the 2+ and - pins. Make sure all your speaker cables are only using the 1+ and 1- pins in the SpeakOn connectors.

If your cable(s) are miss-wired or you are using a 4 conductor speaker cable it is possible for both channels of the amp to get to the speakers that are attached to the amplifier's channel 1 output. With 4 conductor speaker cable depending on how the pins in the speaker's SpeakOn connector is wired channel 2 could then get into the speakers. :(