DJPEP

MA-3600VZ Blown Fuse

3 posts in this topic

I had a generator briefly send 220v to my Macrotech 3600vz amp :angry: . The amp will no longer turn on. I was told there is an internal fuse to protect against this type of accidental voltage spike. What size fuse is it and where is it located inside the amp. I was hoping to fix this myself, so I wouldn't have to bring it to my repair center. I need the amp this weekend!

Thanks,

Phil

If nothing else was damage there is a 1A 3AG 250v fuse on the power supply board. With the top removed from the amplifier and looking at the inside, from the front, there will be a circuit board behind the two transformers. The fuse will be on the far left hand side of the board.

Caution: Due to voltages stored inside the amplifier extreme care should be taken when replacing the fuse. If you can not discharge the amplifier leave it unplugged and turned off for a day or two to reduce the risk of potential electrical shock.

If replacing the fuse doesn't get the amplifier back up and running properly it will need to be serviced.

DGlass,

Thanks for the input! The amp is fixed and working GREAT! Thanks to Crown for the fuse protecting the input surge!

Thanks,

Phil