ericels

parametric eq

6 posts in this topic

Yes, there are many ways to do this task, however the easiest way to accomplish this task is to create a master control panel.

A master control panel allows one to group items quickly and easily. To create a master control:

1) Select the items you want to control

2) Right click with the items controlled and select Control Panels > Instant New Masters > Both Channels (or select the proper channels)

3) You will be prompted for a name for the master control panel, please provide one

4) A new window will appear, click the yellow button to expand the window and then select Filters

You can also reopen this master control panel by right clicking on any device icon in the workplace. Also for the Instant New Masters menu one can also edit the group members via a text interface as well.

Just tried this and it looks very usefull I had been dreading having to modify each amp separately if I change something on the EQ/X-Over etc.

One question though the display when you set a master control is not as nice as the one for each amp...at least not when you create it the way you descibe. Is there any way to have a master control for several ITech's with the display like this:

crown1.jpg

Thanks for any info!!

Cathal.

The reason for the difference between the two views is two fold.

1) To clearly indicate that one is controlling a group of amplifiers

2) The graphical display can not display differences in settings. A user can set items to different values, such as different amount of gain on filter #3 in different amplifers. This ends up with the graph view being unusable. That is the reason for a "table" mode.

Ok...thanks for the reply Brad...

I can make do with the table view....if you are considering improvements to IQWic could I suggest a similar graph-style view to be implemented on a master control...personally I use multiple ITech's to power the same speakers and I'd always apply the filters in precisely the same config on each one.