Patlover1983

Where to buy Crown audio parts for Holland?

14 posts in this topic

Hello Crown audio folks,

I have a question and hope some one can help me.For my crown amps (several XTi and CDi models) i need parts.

I contacted AudioXL in Belgium but this is not an option (anymore). I have tried several times to email and call but they are so slow (it took a month only to get pricing information and i recieve it only from some parts) i don't have the faith in it anymore. At this time they don't even communicate anymore with me! I need the amplifiers very soon.

Does anybody know a second address for buying crown amp parts?

Have you tried your neighboring countries such as the UK or Germany, even give the US Crown support a call. If the European reps are slow responders then parts from the US would reach you much faster. Just give them a call, they are pretty efficient guys.

Avi

Hello Dakos,

Thank you for answerring. 2 Days ago i have send an email to the German distributor, Pro-Audio Heilbronn, but at this time i'm still waiting for response.

This mornng i called AudioXL in Belgium again, and this time they promised to give the pricing information for all the parts i needed soon.

If this is gonna work,i shall try to order all the parts from the distributor in the UK or maybe France.

Thanks!

Hello Patlover,

Do you request any help with your 'repairs'? If necessary, create a new topic in the Troubleshooting section! :)

Most replacement components for the XTI and CDI models can be found at electronic components distributors.

Let me know which components you need! I'll see if there is a general replacement part.

Alain

Hello Alain,

I need some specific parts, like parts from the housing en someting like that. I also need a SMPS coil for a crown K2, have one with 2 windings make in short.

These are parts that can only buy from Crown. The electronical parts are for 99% available from component distributors like Mouser or Farnell, just iike you said.

The SMPS coil, is that the 8 pin transformer at the SMPS output? And, what other specific parts are needed?

Hello Alain,

The K2 transformer that you mentioned is the one i mean. It has a short between 2 windings.

For the XTi and CDi amps i need parts that are been lost during a movement. The amplifiers

where listed on the 'to do' list for a long time.

I need the following parts:

2 Complete CDi4000 mainboard Assys (I have 2 of this amplifiers that looks like new, but the PCB's have been damaged due to a fire)

12 screws for the top cover (for 4 amplifiers)

1 push rod for the on/off switch for a CDi4000 amplifier

5 screws for the AC inlet

3 foam sheets (the sheets with adhensive tape on the aluminium heat sinks)

1 XTi4000 front panel

Does anybody know if its possible to order a seperate LCD display (not the complete PWA)?

One of the XTi LCD displays has a damage (spots that has the same color as the letters/symbols of the display)

Thank you!

It is possible that the companies you're dealing with in Europe have no stock of the items described! Though, I find it not very responsible or professionnal of a distributor not to return a call.

Avi mentionned earlier to give Crown a call :

Crown's Technical Support Group staff is available to assist you. You can contact staff members directly via email, or by telephone between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Thursday; 9:00AM to 5:00PM on Friday. at 1-800-342-6939 toll-free in North America, or 1-574-294-8200.

Alain

Crown's Technical Support Group staff is available to assist you. You can contact staff members directly via email, or by telephone between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Thursday; 9:00AM to 5:00PM on Friday. at 1-800-342-6939 toll-free in North America, or 1-574-294-8200.

Hello Alain (and others ofcourse),

After a nice conversation with the distributor it looks like they have speed up

the ordering process. The promised that the parts wil be deliverd in this or next week.

I also found a second source for parts (in the UK) so if i need some parts in the future

i can ordered it over there!

When i recieve the parts i let you know!

Last week i recieved the last part (the K2 transformer) so the order is completed now. If you want something good it takes a lot of time :D :D :D