xtrememachines

Cts600 data light flashing

9 posts in this topic

I have a Cts600 which stopped working (no audio output), the ready lights do not come on even with a known good piplite card. The power light stays on and the data light flashes.

Blue flashing lights usually indicate either a problem with the main VCC rails, or, that the input AC voltage is incorrect! I think there is a problem with the generation of the VCC voltages: verify the output section for shorts; Are you using a PIP Lite or CN card instead of the original BBY input card?

Alain

Another important question:

Do you have +/- VCC or any of the four low voltages at the heat-sinks? (There are (4) regulators located under the silpad, at the heatsink.)

Sometimes I really wonder how it is you seem to know everything about these amps... (Not specificlly this thread)

Great work

Avi

This impacts models made prior to March 2010 : You will have to pull the main board out to verify the cap's value; Also, the board can operate outside the chassis! I would verify (measure) and replace C933 for a 560uF/35V, if possible, @ 105°C. It is possible that the cap is receiving too much ripple current, causing the cap to become leaky and possibly impacting on the life of the cap. This can happen when extra accessories (ie. PIP card) are installed.

Note: In regards to the regulators : The regulators would not cause the whole amp to come down. There are two (neg, pos) per channel side. They are located under the [one per] heatsinks' silpad.

Hope this helps!

Alain