Deutscher

Crown XTI 4002 "Error Opening USB"

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've recently got a Crown XTI 4002 and running into problems.

I had Band Manager 1 running my Series 1 amps without problem. As I opened BM with the XTI 4002 connected the first message I got was "missing dll files". I searched HiQnet for the dll files but couldn't find them. I found Band Manager 2 instead and it said for the new series 2 you needed Band Manager 2. I uninstalled BM1 and installed BM2. Now I get a "Error Opening USB" message on startup and BM2 doesn't detect either the Series 1 amp or Series 2 amp.

Since then I have updated my Windows 7 to latest. Made sure I've got Windows .Net Framework 3.5.

Still no go. I have then uninstalled Band Manager 2 and installed the latest System Architect and still receive the same message.

Any ideas? I have emailed Crown but haven't received a response yet. I have searched Crown forum, HiQnet forum and also ProSoundWeb forum. Can't find anything.

I did find that late 2011 & early 2012 BM2 had issues with the Series 2s but was rectified mid 2012.

Unfortunately not. I've uninstalled the HID-compliant device several times and still no go. I'll take a screenshot of the message that comes up.

When I connect the amp via USB to laptop Windows tells me its not recognized it.

Can I do a firmware update for the XTI 4002 without System Architect? I think I've downgraded it by accident using a older XTI version and using the CLoader program I found on this website. But the amp didn't get recognized before the downgrade.

I have found the issue after several hours.

Found that is a Windows 7 problem.

I had connected the both Crown XTI 2000 & XTI 4002 amps to my PC and it recognised them both straight away. I tuned the amps and put them back on the laptop and System Architect wouldn't recognise them again.

Hope this helps future Crown owners :)

Do users have problems communicating with SA or Band Manager while being a user (as opposed to administrator)?

For security purposes, I always log on as a user. Unfortunately, a few preferred programs, such as SA or BM) like me to be logged on as administrator! It is not a big deal, right click on the shortcut and select Run as... (admin). When logged as user, quite a few tasks are not permitted. How arte you logged on to SA or BM?