neuf512

DC300A hums

5 posts in this topic

My ole DC300A hums, not through the speakers...it just has a humming sound emanating from the amp. I was looking for a pdf manual to see if there were any suggestions, but could not find an old user manual. If anyone has any suggestions or a link to a manual, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

It's the transformer that's humming but I just can't remember the fix.

(The ol' brain's just not it used to be.....)

Someone else is bound to step in with a solution.

In the meantime, you can find the manual for this (and other legacy amps) here: http://www.crownaudio.com/legacamp.htm

All the best...

Thank you for your response! I got the manual. You state "the ol' brain is not what it used to be..." I noticed I posted this question a couple years ago.

hello,

Some dc300a amps had quite bad transformer hum, if the belly band around the tx is copper it shouldnt hum too bad, if its later aluminium band it will hum a lot more.

Best to make sure the transformer pimary has been set to correct mains voltage for your country.

You should have + / - 60v dc voltage rails inside the amplifier if the transformer primary has been configured correctly.

Often the primaries were set wrong resulting in an overloaded transformer and a bit more buzz than there should be.

good luck