67Shawn

jbl mrx 512m and xti?

24 posts in this topic

I have a event that requires sound for speach, problem is, there is no hydro\power there.

I am trying to figure out how i can or if i can pull this off with combination of a UPS, 2 jbl mrx 512m's, wireless mic, laptob.

I have crown xti 4000's and 6000's amps but, i am not sure if i could use them with a UPS, would a powered mixer work?

Generator is probably out of the question.

How long is the event? What type of UPS do you have? Just an hour running this gear, even the powered mixer, would take a really big UPS.

Our gear usually needs "Pure sine wave" so not all UPSs are up to the task.

If I may ask, why is a small silent genny out of the question?

dakos, sorry to get back so late.

I got some good new tonight, looks like i will be able to use a generator. Will a honda eu 3000 be good enough to run a xti 4000 with 2 jbl mrx 512m's, mixer, and 1 wireless mic?

How long is the event? What type of UPS do you have? Just an hour running this gear, even the powered mixer, would take a really big UPS.

Our gear usually needs "Pure sine wave" so not all UPSs are up to the task.

If I may ask, why is a small silent genny out of the question?

Scratch the powered mixer, i will be using a unpowered one.

You mean EU3000is, That's the one with the inverter, correct? If so then it's a great genny, it's supposed to hold up to the task with no problem.

You mean EU3000is, That's the one with the inverter, correct? If so then it's a great genny, it's supposed to hold up to the task with no problem.

Yes, the eu3000is, the local rental company has one available, i just want to make sure that it will work for the gear that i want to use.

So, i guess i will reserve that genny, thanks for the help dakos.

Would a Honda EU2000is work with the equipment i listed? xti 4000 with 2 jbl mrx 512m's, mixer, and 1 wireless mic.

Yes, the EU3000is and the 2000is are the inverter ones.

Do you plan on buying a genny or renting one?

The EU2000is is rated at 2000W peak power and 1600W continuous, that means that if your amp needs about 1200W, your mixer and other small gear needs about 200-300W more, then you might be a little underpowered. The great advantage of the 2000, (like the 1000is and the 3000is) is that you can couple it with one more 2000 and get twice the power.

Do you plan on buying a genny or renting one?

The EU2000is is rated at 2000W peak power and 1600W continuous, that means that if your amp needs about 1200W, your mixer and other small gear needs about 200-300W more, then you might be a little underpowered. The great advantage of the 2000, (like the 1000is and the 3000is) is that you can couple it with one more 2000 and get twice the power.

I would really like to buy whatever it is i will need,generator or pure sine wave inverter, ultimately, i would like to go with the pure sine wave inverter and deep cycle battery, i just don't know wich way to go.

All those new generators, Honda EUX000is and a few Yamahas as well, have a built in pure sine wave inverters so they are just as good as running a good pure sine wave on batteries and it will be a much lighter solution.

I don't know this company so I can't comment about it this way or the other, the only thing I see is it's 10dB noisier then either one of the Hondas. If that's acceptable for you then you need to contact them and ask just how stable their voltage is and if they can guarantee that you'll be fine running a computer and the rest of the gear you want. At that price point they are probably not using inverters but then so is the grid, if the voltage is stable enough then it should work, if it were me I would still buy the Honda and not try out a new product even though there is a big $$$ difference.

Thanks for all you're help and you're quick replies dakos. :)

I reserved a Honda eu3000is from the local rental company.

Again, thanks for everything, this is why i buy Harman products.

The Honda EU3000is worked great, nice and quiet.

I was wondering how many JBL mrx 512m's i could run with a xti 4000, i only used 2, would have loved to have used 4, i was not sure if i could run 4?

Sure you can connect 2 per channel on the 4000, the XTI is very stable at 4 ohms, what do you need it for?

Sure you can connect 2 per channel on the 4000, the XTI is very stable at 4 ohms, what do you need it for?

Thanks dakos, I was wanting to put 2 on each speaker stand with one of these http://produkte.k-m.de/en/Speakerlighting-and-monitor-stands-and-holders/Accessories-for-speaker-stands/24105-SPEAKER-MOUNTING-FORK-black for more coverage, people were filled the park from all side, this way i can turn the speakers to face every angle.

It's a good brand, hope you're stants are strong enough to take the weight. Sounds like you need more coverage :)

It would be nice to actually see your rig in action, maybe you can upload some photos next time you put it to work?

I was thinking about picking up a couple of Global Truss st-132's, right now i am using a couple of OnStage stands, non crank.

If i had a couple of the st-132's with the K&M fork i could use 4 of the mrx 512m's.

I will definitly get some photos at their next memorial, they have several.

Actually, here is a link to our local news website that has a video you can see the honda genny at around 00:55 sec, you can also see one of the speakers on a stand.

http://www.theobserv...red-at-cenotaph

One more thing, you can see at the end of the video how it is setup at the 1:12 mark.

Very nice, you have the angles of the speakers and their hight positioned correctly but you do need more coverage. Is the top of the speaker stand tilted or is it the angle built in the speaker? If it's on the speaker pole then I think that you might be better served with another speaker stand rather then the fork.

In that case then the fork will do just fine. Unfortunately I don't have experience with speaker stands so I can't give you any recomendation. You will get much better answers on the ProSoundWeb.com forum then here.

Yes, these are overkill for this application but personally I love overkill :)

You will still need to get the "fork" or fabricate one.