Uhoh429

XLS 2000, Input Y Mode Issue

5 posts in this topic

So I am running my new Crown XLS 2000 in Input Y mode, which if I understand correctly sends signal from channel 1 input to both channel outputs. So I am feeding my two 12" main speakers, which each handle 400W @ 8 ohms, and want to control the level of each speaker with its respective pot. The issue that I am having is that even though each channel pot is turned all the way down, channel 2 still sends signal to the speaker. Furthermore, the volume level on channel 2 doesn't change until the pot is turned about 1/4 of the way up.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Very interesting thing just happened: I was just playing my iPod thru my PA using the XLS 2000, and the problems I have previously described have disappeared.... I had channel 2's pot control all the way down (which until now still allowed sound through) and noticed that the channel wasn't making amplifying the signal all of a sudden. Turned the pot up, and voila, it is seemingly working properly. I'm still going to try and exchange it.

Now that's normal behavior.

Replacing the amp or getting it fixed sounds like the best thing to do. These are great amps so hope you enjoy it as much as I do my XTI :)