Ampmusic

XLS2000 Settings

9 posts in this topic

Hi

Currently using a set of Tannoy Speakers (Power V8's and VS10BP) - special modification, both are passive and have a crossover built into the V8's. Not sure what settings to use on the amp. Any ideas?

Let me know if you need any specs or cant find info you need

Thanks

Hi

Currently using a set of Tannoy Speakers (Power V8's and VS10BP) - special modification, both are passive and have a crossover built into the V8's. Not sure what settings to use on the amp. Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you have only one amp? what processor/external crossover do you have?

Hi

Thanks

Do you have only one amp? what processor/external crossover do you have?

Hi

Sorry for the delay. yes i only have one amp, and the Crossovers are inside the V8's which link to the Subs and then to the amp.

Cheers

Do you mean crossover/EQ/limiter settings?

I don't think you need any.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I meant firstly would i not need to be in crossover mode? if not high pass or low pass mode? and secondly what 24dB/octave filter point should i be on. If none of these what should it be set at?

Thanks

Your subs have a band pass type of enclosure, that means you will not hear them distorting on their way to the grave from over power, so you mustn't pass the power recommendations, it's good that with the XLS2000 you don't.

The only configuration worth looking into is a high pass filter to protect the subs, a good starting point is at the -3dB, usually using 24dB/octave but since the fall off of the frequency response of the subs is very steep, I would start using 48dB/octave slope at the -3dB point (39Hz).

You might want to leave the limiter ON.

Is that what you meant?

Your subs have a band pass type of enclosure, that means you will not hear them distorting on their way to the grave from over power, so you mustn't pass the power recommendations, it's good that with the XLS2000 you don't.

The only configuration worth looking into is a high pass filter to protect the subs, a good starting point is at the -3dB, usually using 24dB/octave but since the fall off of the frequency response of the subs is very steep, I would start using 48dB/octave slope at the -3dB point (39Hz).

Is that what you meant?

Hi again and thanks for the the info.

I suppose its the top boxes i want to protect really from high frequencies and power. im not very knowledgeable on the real techy side of amps.

Thanks

Is that what you meant?

I suppose its the top boxes i want to protect really from high frequencies and power. im not very knowledgeable on the real techy side of amps.

Thanks

Since you're using passive crossover and one amp you can't separate only the top boxes, just don't go over the recommended power, keep your ears open for destotion and you'll be fine.

Is that what you meant?

Thanks

Since you're using passive crossover and one amp you can't separate only the top boxes, just don't go over the recommended power, keep your ears open for destotion and you'll be fine.

Cheers

Many thanks for your help dakos. Wil try this out when i get a chance