Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hfc7713

XTI reset after power on

6 posts in this topic

I have a brand new Crown XTI4002 amp. I have it set in bridge mode. When I turn it on, it shows the Crown logo and then after a few seconds resets to bridge. However, after a few more seconds, it resets again to Crown logo and then again to bridge. It seems to do this every time I turn it on. It then seems to remain stable. Is the amp faulty or is this normal???

Neither, it was buggy firmware. It has been fixed however. Download the latest version of System Architect and connect the amp to the computer. The software will recognize it needs new hardware. Update the firmware to the latest and this should stop.

Neither, it was buggy firmware. It has been fixed however. Download the latest version of System Architect and connect the amp to the computer. The software will recognize it needs new hardware. Update the firmware to the latest and this should stop.

Thank you for the info...I'll go ahead and update. Not sure how to but I'll give it a go !!!

Thank you for the info...I'll go ahead and update. Not sure how to but I'll give it a go !!!

Well, I did the update and everything seems fine now so I suppose it was the firmware problem after all. I am really pleased there was an easy fix because I like the amp and did not want to have to switch it out for a different one. Although I think it as a little annoying that a brand new $1000 amp doesn't work properly out of the box.!!!!..You add a computer to anything and you get problems?????

I feel for ya. As far as I've observed it's only happening on a small number of amps, probably having to do with tolerance of certain components. Either way the FW problem takes care of it. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm glad it's up and working.

I feel for ya. As far as I've observed it's only happening on a small number of amps, probably having to do with tolerance of certain components. Either way the FW problem takes care of it. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm glad it's up and working.

Sure is...still going strong...I appreciate the help..