Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hfc7713

Bi-Amp, Bridge xti4002,srx715..confused

2 posts in this topic

First post....hello everyone,

I have just gotten back into mixing and running PA systems for the first time in 20 years. I used to have it down but so much has changed. I recently purchased 2 SRX715's, Crown XTI4002 and a used DBX Driverack PA. I was intrigued to hear the cabs bi-amped and I figured running the XTI bridged for the mids and an older Carvin HT760 I already own for the tops would be good. I decided to wire up a patch bay so I could send the XTI bridged signal and the Carvin stereo to a 4nl input to the left and same to the right. Then use a 4 pole speaker cable into the cabs left and right. I switched the cabs to bi-amp, set the XTI to bridge, correct bridge connections were made, but it didn't work!!! The Driverack doesn't have my 2 amps listed so I just used specs from 2 other amps which were close. Also, the Driverack only lets me set stereo or mono but I am using one of each. Anyway, I have checked and re-checked my connections and they are all clean. There is some bleeding on my volt meter between connections when the cables are connected to the amps which I think is normal????? I must admit, I had originally purchased a used RMX4050 but last week a capacitor must have been failing and the bang through my speakers frightened the heck out of me. I replaced it with the XTI4002 NEW. So now I am a little scared to turn up the system unless I can safely hear a low level signal. But I couldn't get a sound out of the Bi-amped set-up today and I am frustrated.....Can any one help me??????

First post....hello everyone,

I have just gotten back into mixing and running PA systems for the first time in 20 years. I used to have it down but so much has changed. I recently purchased 2 SRX715's, Crown XTI4002 and a used DBX Driverack PA. I was intrigued to hear the cabs bi-amped and I figured running the XTI bridged for the mids and an older Carvin HT760 I already own for the tops would be good. I decided to wire up a patch bay so I could send the XTI bridged signal and the Carvin stereo to a 4nl input to the left and same to the right. Then use a 4 pole speaker cable into the cabs left and right. I switched the cabs to bi-amp, set the XTI to bridge, correct bridge connections were made, but it didn't work!!! The Driverack doesn't have my 2 amps listed so I just used specs from 2 other amps which were close. Also, the Driverack only lets me set stereo or mono but I am using one of each. Anyway, I have checked and re-checked my connections and they are all clean. There is some bleeding on my volt meter between connections when the cables are connected to the amps which I think is normal????? I must admit, I had originally purchased a used RMX4050 but last week a capacitor must have been failing and the bang through my speakers frightened the heck out of me. I replaced it with the XTI4002 NEW. So now I am a little scared to turn up the system unless I can safely hear a low level signal. But I couldn't get a sound out of the Bi-amped set-up today and I am frustrated.....Can any one help me??????

I got it!!!..Not sure what I did but I had everything correct, and it worked and sounds great...just added a mrx518 and Crown XLS2000 to the set up and it sounds even better....little steps....