Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lowell2k9

Connecting Equipment

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just gotten my dream setup. Question is how do I set this up?

I have 2 XTI4002 amps, 2 JBL Srx718 subs, 2 JBL 722 (tops) & a Drive Rack PA Plus. thanks

Use one 4002 in bridge-mono to drive the subs; the other in stereo to drive the tops.

You can set the PA+ to take care of the processing for both amps. You should be able to tell the PA+ what amps you have -- use the XTi4000, since the 4002 isn't included yet.

Use one 4002 in bridge-mono to drive the subs; the other in stereo to drive the tops.

You can set the PA+ to take care of the processing for both amps. You should be able to tell the PA+ what amps you have -- use the XTi4000, since the 4002 isn't included yet.

Do you think one 4002 or even the 6002 are a good match for two 718? will the sound be as tight and powerful as the sound coming from one of the IT-HD's?

Since I plan to run a setup very similar to this one, do you think the DriveRack PX will do the same as the DRPA+ for this job when only biamping? Doe's it have the same configuration capabilities/wizards?

Thank you

My guess is that the 4002 will be passable but not as good as either the 6002 or iT5k, which should sound pretty similar.

As far as the dbx pieces, i don't know those models well enough to comment.