Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnny betts

Itech 6000 clipping

6 posts in this topic

I was doing a show last weekend. Everything going fine. Levels good on the mixer, sound good, then I see in SA that the outputs are clipping constantly. This happened 2 times during a 4 hour show. It would show the amp clipping and then stop suddenly. I checked the amp and the red clip light was flashing. There was no audible clipping and the sound was fine. A total of 30 clip errors on Channel 1 driving my SRX 712's.

Any ideas?

I was doing a show last weekend. Everything going fine. Levels good on the mixer, sound good, then I see in SA that the outputs are clipping constantly. This happened 2 times during a 4 hour show. It would show the amp clipping and then stop suddenly. I checked the amp and the red clip light was flashing. There was no audible clipping and the sound was fine. A total of 30 clip errors on Channel 1 driving my SRX 712's.

Any ideas?

After further thought could fluctuating voltage from the power supply cause this to happen with a sudden sag? I had to run 50' of 12 gauge cable to run the amp. The organizer of event assured me it was a dedicated 20 amp supply.

Yes, full power is achieved only at 120VAC and above, so a voltage sag might cause premature clipping.

Yes, full power is achieved only at 120VAC and above, so a voltage sag might cause premature clipping.

Kevin. I only have clip problems with the channel running my SRX 712's. My peak limiter is set at 110v. Should I dissable the peak limiter when the venues power situation is less than desirable?

Since the peak wattage is 3200W, you should technically use 160V peak. You could disable this and just leave the RMS limiter on for less-than-optimal power sources.

soy de venezuela tengo unos crown itech4000 y uno de eyos se me apaga un canal desde ves en cuando pero lo golpeo y arranca el canal y de repente se me apago ambos canales y se me apago la pantalla y quedo en modo de fault ambos canales y no arranco mas sino que quedo en modo de fault que puedo aser en este caso ayuda x favor