Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jocondor

XTI always ON

6 posts in this topic

How much time (hours or days...) can be left on an XTI amplifier without any input signal and in perfect cooling conditions without deteriorating itself ? In other words, how much time can be left on (under power on) an electronic audio equippment so that it does not reduce its own life duration? I mean amps...mixers consolles ...etc... :blink:

The amps are designed to be left on, because in many applications this is what happens. So, no issue with leaving them on.

OK but...must be a limit .....would you leave it always on indeed ??? How many years ???? :rolleyes:

The amps are designed to be left on, because in many applications this is what happens. So, no issue with leaving them on.

I understand your concern, but I have a Crown Power Base 2 that has been installed in my aircraft hangar for music and paging since 1998. I take it apart and blow the dust out every year or so (continuous fan on this model), but except for that hour it is apart, it runs continuously 24/7 for over a decade powering some Community XLT-47's

I just picked up a new XTI4002 to run my srx728s subwoofer in my home theater, and was extremely disappointed to see it's not made in USA like the XTI2000's I have running the system now. I had another chinese crown xls that was nothing but problems and repair bills until the day I tossed it in the scrap metal pile. Hopefully the xti4002 can take the heat. fingers crossed.

I understand your concern, but I have a Crown Power Base 2 that has been installed in my aircraft hangar for music and paging since 1998.

I know of a place that had of a couple racks of Altec amps that stayed on for about 30 years, before they dismantled the whole setup. I have 3 Brystons amps in my home theater that have stayed on 24/24 since I bought them used from eBay 10 years ago.

It's the turning ON/OFF that kills electronic and computer imho!

I understand your concern, but I have a Crown Power Base 2 that has been installed in my aircraft hangar for music and paging since 1998. I take it apart and blow the dust out every year or so (continuous fan on this model), but except for that hour it is apart, it runs continuously 24/7 for over a decade powering some Community XLT-47's

Thats Freeking Awesome!