Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zxtuner84

new to band mangar would really appreciate a lil advice

2 posts in this topic

hi i'm just looking for a way to restore the factory presets that come within the xti 6000. someone decided to mess around with band manager while i was away and now all of the factory presets that are avaible right out of the box are now gone. as i said id like to restore the factory presets either that or i would appreciate some advice on a good general setting for the crossover and the eq. i'm running 1 jbl srx728s on the xti 6000 im sending 2,100 watts to it. i really want to get the most out of this sub as i hear from others it can really produce some very stong lows when powered properly as well as the right gain eq and crossover settings. the program power is 3200 watts 4 this sub. so do i run it in stereo @ 2100 watts or run bridged mono @ 6000 watts? bridged mono sounds like it would be to much due to the fact that this sub is rated at 6400 watts peak. as im sure u can tell im still learning so thanks in advance for any advice and information.

You can run the 728s either way (dual or bridged) from the 6k but if you run bridged, I would set the limiter to -3dB.

As far as EQ and xover settings, the JBL preset for the XTi shows this:

Lowpass: LR48dB/oct at 88Hz

Highpass: Butterworth 18dB/oct at 30Hz

This is just a starting point. You should tweak these to taste and to your venue. Also, use System Architect or Band Manager to set any EQ to taste and/or to the venue's specific acoustics. Honestly, getting the maximum thump out of your system is going to come down to a lot of trial and error.

To restore the factory defaults, use System Architect to force a firmware upgrade, or load in a generic device file. I can send you a generic device file if you want -- email me at kevin.heber@harman.com.