dduncan4@san.rr.com

Input Peak Voltage Limiter

5 posts in this topic

In Itech Amps is the Input Peak Voltage limiter really an Output Peak Voltage limiter? :unsure: What I am trying to do is limit the output of the amp to the speaker. Don't want a bunch of JBL fried speaker componets coming back to the shop, it gets expensive that way. :o I am setting up new control pages for all of the speakers/Amps we own and want to do it right the first time. The control is in the output section of the amp so input verses output lingo is :huh: .

To put it simply the Peak Voltage limiter is both an output and an input function. :huh:

The Peak Voltage Limiter does provide controls allowing you to set a peak output voltage limit for the amplifier. This is done however by sensing the Output signal and controlling the Input signal .

That's why the Output Peak Voltage Limiter is also labeled as the Input Peak Voltage Limiter . :blink:

Thanks, the head audio guy and I were a little confused. We are sending out our gear and we are not going to be there and wanted to set the limiters, so they don't wipe out our speakers. :)

So one more question, how much lower than the peak limit should the threshold be set? The manufacturer, another Harmon group co, say's 56 volts for the highs ;););) (Guess you know which box I'm talking about. :mellow:)

So one more question, how much lower than the peak limit should the threshold be set? The manufacturer, another Harmon group co, say's 56 volts for the highs ;););) (Guess you know which box I'm talking about. :mellow:)

834[/snapback]

Well..........I hate to play dodge ball with this one but I don't know of any golden rule of voltage headroom for Peak Voltage.:huh:

I would have to go along with whatever the speaker manufacture {who ever that may be ;) } recommends. After all who would know their products better. :)

834[/snapback]

Well..........I hate to play dodge ball with this one but I don't know of any golden rule of voltage headroom for Peak Voltage.:huh:

I would have to go along with whatever the speaker manufacture {who ever that may be ;) } recommends. After all who would know their products better. :)

836[/snapback]

Got it figured out, was just over analyzing.