DavidWSims

PZM-6D Wiring

5 posts in this topic

We have a PZM-6D installed in the piano at church; someone recently pulled the cable out of the XLR connector. I would like to re-solder the wires to the circuit board inside the connector, but I can't find a wiring diagram. The microphone cable has a red conductor, a white conductor and a shield. The circuit board has three connections points, the left most is where the shield was connected, but I can't tell where the other conductors were connected. Can I get a diagram showing the wiring terminations?

Attached is a wiring diagram for the wire to the board in the connector.

My apologies for the size of the picture that was the best I could do after cutting it out of the document.

PZM_6Dwiring.bmp

post-8-1234444785_thumb.jpg

My apologies for the size of the picture that was the best I could do after cutting it out of the document.

Thanks for the reply,

I can't read the text on the picture you attached, I think that I could make out that the white wire and the shield were the two outside connections and the red wire is the center connection. Is this correct? I can identify where the shield was terminated so if you can tell which wire to connect to the center pin I will have all the information I need to make the repair.

PZM_6Dwiring.pdf

Thanks for the reply,

I can't read the text on the picture you attached, I think that I could make out that the white wire and the shield were the two outside connections and the red wire is the center connection. Is this correct? I can identify where the shield was terminated so if you can tell which wire to connect to the center pin I will have all the information I need to make the repair.

I was able to get that section of the document blown up and saved as a .pdf. Let me try and repost it.

PZM_6Dwiring.pdf

post-8-1234531764_thumb.jpg

PZM_6Dwiring.pdf

Thanks for the reply,

I was able to get that section of the document blown up and saved as a .pdf. Let me try and repost it.

PZM_6Dwiring.pdf

Thanks again for your help. This is exactly what I needed.