schoeps

Medium size install, IQ for me?

4 posts in this topic

Hey everbody! Reasonably new to IQ system but a long time Crown fan.

I am currently working on a museum installation where I would like to use Crown Equipment. :D It is a museum where each exhibit will use 1 channel. There are about 35 exhibits and the program audio will be from a series of DVD players.

My question is.... do any of the multichannel (more than 2) support IQ? I am looking to optimize space and remotely control them with a PC when I can stand in front of the exhibit and make adjustments to EQ and gain (an IQ module can do that, right?). I am an IT guy, so I could prolly get the wireless networking thing going, but I want to make sure I am on the right track first...

Thanks SO Much!

Bri

Bri

Well there's good news and not so good news on the Multi-channel amplifiers. Yes, you can get them with IQ but they are IQ current Loop cards not the newer TCP/IQ cards. These cards are also basic control and monitoring cards and do not have any on board DSP for EQ's.

Bri

Well there's good news and not so good news on the Multi-channel amplifiers. Yes, you can get them with IQ but they are IQ current Loop cards not the newer TCP/IQ cards. These cards are also basic control and monitoring cards and do not have any on board DSP for EQ's.

Thanks for the reply!

so only the 2 ch models currently support the IQ cards with EQ?

Bri