darkfool79

USP2 Interface

3 posts in this topic

I am attempting to interface with a USP2 in a Macro Tech 602 amplifier using Win IQ 5.12 but can not link with it. I am using a laptop running Vista but have also tried a laptop running XP. I have tried using an Ethernet cable from my RG-45 port to the RG-45 port on the Pip, and have also used a USB to RG-45 cable with the same results: No interface found. With the USB cable I get an unrecongizable device error from Vista. What am I missing to make this interface work?

I am attempting to interface with a USP2 in a Macro Tech 602 amplifier using Win IQ 5.12 but can not link with it. I am using a laptop running Vista but have also tried a laptop running XP. I have tried using an Ethernet cable from my RG-45 port to the RG-45 port on the Pip, and have also used a USB to RG-45 cable with the same results: No interface found. With the USB cable I get an unrecongizable device error from Vista. What am I missing to make this interface work?

The USP-2 is not an Ethernet device it connects to a computer through a Loop connection to an Interface device and then tot he computer through a Serial connection. The USP-2 has two RJ-45 connections on the back but they are used for a Current Loop (IQ Bus) where devices are looped togather. (http://www.crownaudio.com/iq_htm/bus.htm ). You will need an IQ Interface either an INT-2 or an INT-3. The INT Interfaces have been discontinued for almost two years now. :(

Also as a side note...The IQ for Windows 5.12 software is the only software that will work with the USP-2 and it will not properly work with Vista. Once you have an Inerface you will need to run the software on the Xp machine.