kingswood001

Home Usage of IQ

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to configure a home audio multi-room system. I want to use mp3/internet radio feed from my pc, using musicmatch as the pc based DJ app. I want to take the output from the pc to an amplifier/speaker selector that can be controlled by the PC. I will be using a wifi palm (most likely clie th55) on my linksys wireless network to control the pc from anywhere. I want to be able to select music via musicmatch, as well as select speakers and speaker volume. I will be using some form of realVNC to allow me to control the pc over the wifi network.

I am having trouble finding an amp and/or speaker selector that can be pc-controlled instead of IR remote controlled.

I do not need fancy presets. I just want simple on/off, zone select and volume control from the PC. I only need 100W or less per channel.

Any suggestions?

There are a few options that are available. One could use a ZonePro controller from dbx (http://www.dbxpro.com/640.htm). Another option is to use a CTs amplifier however the "smallest" amplifier we have is 200W per channel, that would be the CTs4200 or CTs8200. Both of these can be controlled via a computer with the addition of the IQ Module. This would also require the use of an Interface, either a USM-810 or an INT3.

Hope that helps.

Using a USM 810 will also allow you to use the eq sections to tune each area and you can also have a simple physical pot. in each room in tandem with your intended wifi control.

If you do not require the additional sophistication offered, then Dateq's musiczone may be worth a look, it is less money for less features if switching and level control is all that is required.

Graham

Thanks for the tips. I looked at dateq and it looks like the right size. I haven't found the software yet to look at the interface. Will keep at it.

thanks.