cedjones

i-tech not appearing in system architect

4 posts in this topic

i was using an i-tech 6000 yesterday with iqwic and it as working fine. but then i wanted to try it in system architect for the first time, and it wasnt connecting to it. i went throught the trouble shooting guide and tried everything, but nothing worked. how is iqwic different from system architect in terms of networking?

What firmware are you using in your Itechs?

The System Architec software requires at least a 2.xxx version firmware in the amps or they will not be seen.

Be aware however that upgrading the firmware from a 1.xxx to a 2.xxx will move a lot of the internal memory allocations around in the devices. This can cause presets and files to need to be remade as they will no longer work.

the firmware i am using is 2.0112. i went throught the network wizard and and it just wouldnt show up.

i also went through manage network connections and the box that said manage individual TCP interfaces, it shows the I.P. address for my computer, and not for the i-tech. i was abit confused with that. so ya, im totally dumbdfounded about this. thanks for your input.

Is your firewall turned off? Some software firewalls will not allow IP traffic through for one program even though they do for other programs.