xvisionbelgium

XTi 4000 Firmware upgrade problem ?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can somebody help with following situation ?

Brand new XTi 4000 Amps, straight from the box.

I have done the instructions to upgrade the firmware to to use the amps with System Architect. One at a time (only one connected on the usb bus)

The firmware updater sees serveral usb devices ( 1 amp, 1 mouse ) and gives some error messages (eg. .099 is not an integer). Upgrading goes well ( I Think ). In the last fase I got the error : Need Version 1 to set serial number.

If I Start System Architect, the amp is visible but the ID is 00-00-FF-FF-FF-FF. When I try to connect a second Amp that was upgraded the application crashes.

The ID of the second and third amp is also 00-00-FF-FF-FF-FF.... I think something went wrong during the setting of the serial number ?

Or is it impossible to connect 2 or more XTi amps using usb and control them using System architect ?

Used Config : Toshiba Tecra Tablet PC, Dlink USB Hub, 3 XTIi4000 amps

Please HELP !

coming from this post You should be able to.

The connection of multiple amplifiers to a computer can be done through the use of USB powered HUBs.

So are you using a USB Powered Hub?? By that I'm guessing he means it has to not be powered off the USB port?? Not realy sure.

coming from this post You should be able to.

The connection of multiple amplifiers to a computer can be done through the use of USB powered HUBs.

So are you using a USB Powered Hub?? By that I'm guessing he means it has to not be powered off the USB port?? Not realy sure.

4230[/snapback]

I tried it with direct connection to multiple usb ports directly to the computer and through a powered hub