Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smithers

amcron microtech 1201 problem!

6 posts in this topic

hello all,

first time poster & long time crown owner, but this is the first one thats ever died on me after many years of faithful service!

the F100 fuse board has a burnt out patch on it and the fuse had also blown! i'm looking around for a new fuseboard but do you think anymore componets could have/likely to have failed to cause this problem. the amp was out on dry hire when it went so no idea what was done to make it fail! grrrrr!

here's a picture of the internals to help!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9554/crownampinsidessv8.jpg

edit: here's a picture of the F100 too.......

http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01420qo4.jpg

If the fuse blew it's most likely due to either the bridge rectifier or even the transformer. The fuse is for that channels power supply. If the board has traces damaged that board is still available and the part number is Q42867-4. If the transformer is defective, sorry but that transformer is no longer available. I've rarely changed out any transformers over the years I've been at Crown or dealing with service centers world wide. I know on other amps when the bridge rectifier shorts it will pull a lot of current and amps that have breakers vs. fuse pop open so a fuse opening check the bridge rectifier.

Thanks

Kip Whitehead

Crown Technical Support

If the fuse blew it's most likely due to either the bridge rectifier or even the transformer. The fuse is for that channels power supply. If the board has traces damaged that board is still available and the part number is Q42867-4. If the transformer is defective, sorry but that transformer is no longer available. I've rarely changed out any transformers over the years I've been at Crown or dealing with service centers world wide. I know on other amps when the bridge rectifier shorts it will pull a lot of current and amps that have breakers vs. fuse pop open so a fuse opening check the bridge rectifier.

Thanks

Kip Whitehead

Crown Technical Support

4131[/snapback]

thanks for the info kip that really helps! i'm going to order up the f100 board, but i have no idea what a bridge rectifier is! does anybody have a picture of one, or could point it out on the picture in my first post?

once again thanks for the info & part number!

pic-161529775.jpg

Hi Smithers;

The devices located inside the yellow squares are the amp's main Bridge Rectifiers. Since the channel main transformer's secondary wires goes directly to this semiconductor, its is possible that one if its four internal diodes is damaged and causes a short circuit condition. There are some other test to find out what is wrong with your unit but the reasonable thing to do here, if the problems remains the same after buying the new F100 board, is to take your amp to a qualified tech service center. There are potentially lethal voltages inside the unit and if you don't know where to touch you may be exposing yourself to an electrical shock hazard.

Best regards.

pic-161529775.jpg

Hi Smithers;

The devices located inside the yellow squares are the amp's main Bridge Rectifiers. Since the channel main transformer's secondary wires goes directly to this semiconductor, its is possible that one if its four internal diodes is damagedĀ  and causes a short circuit condition. There are some other test to find out what is wrong with your unit but the reasonable thing to do here, if the problems remains the same after buying the new F100 board, is to take your amp to a qualified tech service center. There are potentially lethal voltages inside the unit and if you don't know where to touch you may be exposing yourself to an electrical shock hazard.

Best regards.

4185[/snapback]

thank you so much for that! i reckon the way to go is try a new f100, and if that doesnt work i'll take it to a crown dealer as its starting to get too complicated for me!

thank you all again for the info guys!