At the heart of the new four-channel I-Tech HD lies another Crown breakthrough – DriveCore™ Technology. A culmination of nearly two decades of R&D in PWM and switch-mode amplification, DriveCore is a Crown exclusive that combines hundreds of parts into one chip the size of a your fingertip, resulting in more efficiencies and unsurpassed reliability.
Bridging Crown's audio design and Texas Instruments' silicon design, this simple integrated circuit nests much of the output stage – including the modulator stage, error amplifier stage, and patented feedback and PWM modulation circuits for fast recovery on peak transients, accurate reproduction of low-level detail, and precise tracking of low frequencies at high power levels for maximum subwoofer output.
In addition, DriveCore provides an extremely wide tolerance for sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions, which means your performance will never be compromised by fluctuating generator power or overloading.
Greater accuracy, reduced weight and size, and high efficiency with best-in-class signal-to-noise performance – that's Crown innovation. That's DriveCore Technology.
4 IN/4 OUT
While others talked about offering true four-in and four-out capability, we set about doing it. The I-Tech HD four channel is the first tour sound amplifier offering four inputs routable to any output (analog, AES3, VDrive, or CobraNet™).
The amplifier industry's first integrated TFT LCD full-color touchscreen was designed with you in mind. Featuring a large, 4.3" backlit display and intuitive menu design inspired by Studer's legendary Vistonics™, every channel is color-coded and clearly delineated so you'll never again have to question which channel you are adjusting.
Accepting a standard USB drive, this front-panel connection allows you the flexibility to transfer preset and device files, and update firmware from the driver to the amplifier DSP, or vice versa. This simple innovation helps you reconfigure racks in record time.
Powered by Crown
Crown's new "Powered by Crown" app allows wireless control and monitoring of your I-Tech HD or any Ethernet-enabled devices from Crown. Using the same protocols as HiQnet System Architect, you can import custom control panels, set limits, or make adjustments anywhere in the venue using only your iPhone or iPad.
Networking Made Easy
Since the introduction of the first IQ system in 1992, Crown has deployed more networked audio systems than all other amplifier manufacturers' combined. This pedigree continues today with the I-Tech HD series. Adhering to exact TCP/IP Ethernet standards and equipped with HiQnet technology, the I-Tech HD can live on a standard network without the hassle of proprietary switches or hardware. And by following standard protocol, large systems of 400+ amplifiers can be quickly deployed on a single network backbone without any special considerations.
Going "Green" is no longer an option – it's a necessity. Reducing energy consumption is fundamental to the reduction of greenhouse-gas emissions and is likely to impact our lives dramatically. Maintaining the quality of our lifestyle, while improving the environment, is a challenge addressed by HARMAN's GreenEdge™ advanced technology initiative.
The new range of GreenEdge audio systems, of which the I-Tech HD series is a part, enhance performance and acoustic qualities, while caring for the world we share by taking advantage of the following energy-saving benefits:
When compared to traditional, non-switching amplifiers, the I-Tech HD series weighs an average of 50 lbs. (22.68 kg) less. Less weight not only reduces shipping costs, but means the shipper can reduce the amount of vehicles needed to transport the goods or keep that vehicle under its weight limits, resulting in greater fuel economy.
The patented Universal Power Supply with Power Factor Correction combined with the patented Class-I PWM output stage of the I-Tech HD series amplifiers, provides greater than 90% efficiency at full power from 100-240VAC.
The I-Tech HD series has both manual and automatic standby modes that put the amplifier into a low AC current draw state when not in use. When in this mode, the I-Tech HD series draws an average of only 100W of power.
Crown offers a five-year, no-fault, fully transferable warranty on every new I-Tech HD series amplifier we make – an unsurpassed industry standard. With this industry-leading no-fault protection, your I-Tech HD is warranted to meet or exceed original specifications for the first five years of ownership. If it doesn't, it will be repaired or replaced at our expense. That's what being a leader is all about. (Please contact the Crown authorized distributor in your country for more details.)
Introducing the next generation of touring sound amplifiers. The I-Tech HD series featuring the all-new four-channel 4 x 3500HD with DriveCore™ technology.
Crown's "smart" universal power supply with Power Factor Correction technology is so efficient it can adjust to any frequency or mains voltage between 100-240VAC in a controlled manner – and in real time – so you can use it anywhere in the world and it will always deliver full power.
BSS Omnidrive HD™ DSP
Standing only 2U high, the slight stature of the I-Tech HD belies the leading-edge technology within. A perfect example is the BSS Omnidrive HD DSP engine. This integrated DSP is not only a breakthrough in the amplifier industry, but outperforms many of the best stand-alone DSP loudspeaker processors in the world. With the latest programmable studio-grade 32-bit Sharc® processors with enhanced SIMD architecture and a proprietary D/A output filter for improved signal-to-noise at least 6 dB quieter than outboard DSP, it's easy to see how the decade-long partnership between Crown and BSS continues to go beyond "what's possible" and into "what's next."
FIR (Finite Impulse Response) Linear Phase Filters
Advanced stop-band attenuation characteristics rivaling the best live sound and studio DSP processors on the market today
Industry-leading, true "Brick wall" filters with more than 3500 coefficient taps for high filtering precision.
Provides linear phase response while maintaining low-noise operation over the entire frequency range for uncolored audio reproduction.
IIR (Infinite Impulse Response)
Co-developed with JBL and BSS, the LevelMAX™ suite of limiters combines the latest innovations in limiter design into one high performance, integrated package. The Peak, RMS, and Transducer Thermal limiters are fully coordinated so each will adjust automatically based on how the others are performing. This industry first guarantees smooth, musical response along with peak SPL and pure, uncolored sound.
- Global Power Supply with PFC (Power Factor Correction) works anywhere in the world.
- High power density, up to 12,000 watts in a 2U chassis.
- Output voltage of 185Vpk provides clean transient peaks.
- 6th-generation patented Class I (BCA® with Drivecore Technology) circuitry couples power efficiently to the load and provides low AC current draw.
- Onboard high-definition analog devices Sharc® processor DSP with 24-bit, 192 kHz SHARC A/D and D/A converters. Advanced IIR filters and linear-phase FIR filters.
- Pushbutton presets simplify setup. Custom presets for various loudspeakers can be downloaded.
- AES3 digital audio input with V-Drive.
- EtherCon® Ethernet connector for HiQnet™ control or CobraNet digital audio transport. This “Single Plug” connection allows HiQnet protocol and CobraNet digital audio, and VDrive through the same CAT 5 cable.
- LCD Control Screen is used to adjust the amplifier’s attenuation and muting, configure the amp, set up and view error monitoring, and recall DSP presets to reconfigure the amp for various applications.
- Comprehensive array of indicators provide accurate diagnostics: Power, Data, along with Ready, Signal, Clip, Thermal and Fault for each channel.
- AC mains indicator in power switch glows green when AC power is present.
- Front-panel USB connector accepts a USB drive to transfer presets from the drive to the amplifier DSP, and vice versa. This feature also allows you to update the amplifier’s firmware.
- Light weight due to aluminum chassis, special internal construction, switching power supply and patented class-I output stage with DriveCore Technology.
- Thermal management controller and two discrete thermal zones with variable-speed fans, forced-air cooling.
- Advanced protection circuitry guards against: shorted outputs, DC, mismatched loads, general overheating, under/over voltage, high-frequency overloads and internal faults.
- Five-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications